About the project
At a Glance
- Indonesia’s first utility scale wind farm
- Provides clean electricity
- Raises awareness about renewable energy development and climate change mitigation
- Created 35 new jobs in the community
- Provides equal pay opportunities
- Reduces dependence on fossil fuels
- Reduces air pollution by transitioning away from coal and other fossil fuels
How it works
- PT UPC Sidrap Bayu Energi develops and funds the installation of Wind Turbines.
- Community members are hired to operate and maintain the windfarm.
- The wind farm produces clean energy for the South Sulawesi national power grid, eliminating its reliance on energy from coal and fossil fuels.
Jul 1, 2018 - Jun 30, 2028
Carbon Check (India) Private Ltd
Carbon Check is an international Certification body headquartered in New Delhi.
UPC renewables is a leading renewable energy developer in the Asia Pacific region with over twenty years of global experience