About the project
At a Glance
- EcoAustralia™ credits guarantee the protection and improvement of Australia's remaining high quality native vegetation.
- The site features a unique mix of coastal shrublands and saline swamplands that provide strategic habitat for iconic native wildlife, such as the short-beaked echidna, purple-gaped honeyeater and elegant parrot.
- Native plants for revegetation are supplied by the local nursery at Raukkan Aboriginal Community
- It brings together non-Indigenous and Indigenous Australians by promoting land conservation by methods employed by Traditional Custodians and the Ngarrindjeri people
- 5 job opportunities for Indigenous Ngarrindjeri Australians
- 200 ha of strategic habitat protected
How it works
- EcoAustralia is a stapled product that blends carbon credits with biodiversity protection.
- Each EcoAustralia™ credit combines 1 Australian Biodiversity Unit (ABU) with a 1 tonne carbon credit.
- Each ABU represents 1.5 m 2 of government-accredited habitat protection.
- Carbon credits for EcoAustralia™ are sourced from high quality international emission reduction projects certified by the Gold Standard.
Oct 1, 2018 - Jan 3, 2038
Southpole is largest developer of climate change projects
South Pole is the largest developer of climate action projects.